Episode 006: Kristen Klehr of Produced by BEAR Discusses Self-Starter Burnout
In this episode, Kristen Klehr of Produced by BEAR discusses a common hurdle amongst creative entrepreneurs: stress, fatigue, burnout, and depression. We talk about how we recognize our triggers that cause stress, how to best prepare for burnout to happen so you can easily avoid it, and more. (You can find Kristen @kristenklehr and producedbybear.com.)
Kristen's Top 10 Tips for avoiding fatigue, burnout, and depression:
- Take care of yourself: eat healthy things, exercise regularly, hydrate often, get a good night's sleep.
- Take time to breathe, meditate, pay attention to your mental well being.
- Talk to others, consider regular therapy sessions.
- Know who you can go to within your circle that you can trust.
- Journal your thoughts out, allow yourself to create space in your mind for positive thoughts!
- Learn what makes you tick, what are triggers for you that send you spiraling?
- Work hard, do well, and know when you've done enough for one day. (This note is for those of you fellow ambitious/driven folks who don't know when to turn off the laptop when it's time for bed!)
- Create a few rockstar playlists. (You know, the ones that when it is time to go do work, you get totally in the zone and knock it out of the park because of your sweet beats.)
- Surround yourself with good hearted people who want to encourage you forward, simple as that.
- Be kind to yourself! Take assurance in yourself that you are doing okay!! You really are!! Love yoself.
What are some ways you try to avoid stress in your work life? Share your tips in the comments below.